WHEN: Sunday, July 15th, 10am – 4pm.
WHERE: Brisbane Hypnosis Centre, First Floor, 510-520 South Pine Rd, Everton Park.
This is our offices, and you’re welcome to use our Staff parking on Sundays, access is via 14 Gordon Parade, CUBE apartments.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- A Metaphor for Healing, developed by Steve Dodson. Steve will give you the bones of this metaphor, and teach you how to adapt it according to the needs of your client.
- How to practise Client-Centred therapy: What to look for, what to listen for, what questions to ask and how to ask them. Katina Gleeson will facilitate an exercise that will help you stay focused on your client.
- Principles of Suggestion: The “No Suggestion Suggestion” – Steve Dodson on how to deliver a direct suggestion covertly and elegantly.
- Compassionate Curiosity: Richard Whitehurst on maintaining Compassionate Curiosity in Effective Therapy, and Ernest Rossi’s “Mirroring Hands” approaches. (Learn more about Richard and Dr Rossi’s professional affiliation here).
WHAT WE WANT FOR YOU:
- The opportunity to share time with like-minded people, and to learn from other therapists.
- An opportunity to ask questions from experienced teachers, and your colleagues or fellow-students.
OUR AIMS AND INTENTIONS FOR OUR PROFESSION:
- To stay committed to, and encourage the teaching and practise of, traditional hypnotherapy as a modality of healing (and a profession) available to all who are called to it.
- To nurture our professional community as a place of collaboration, support and encouragement, not competition.
- To provide the opportunity for professionals and students to take part in group learning and sharing, free from unnecessary bureaucracy.